Tuesday 28 January 2014

Random Musings Of A Girl Finding Her Way: Sometimes You Win, Sometimes You Learn.


I have this weird 'thing' for personal mantras. I really like mantras - REALLY like them. I think it might be because I spend a lot of time in my head and I am constantly pep talking myself. Mantras always come in handy!

A mantra worth keeping in mind:
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

This quote strikes home.

I always find myself to be the loser in situations. It is more to do with the fact that I think and feel that I am the loser - it does not have to be someone directly pointing me out as the loser.

This usually results in regret.

Deeply ingrained regret over whatever happened.

Then comes the 'what ifs' and imagining scenarios as to how else I could have handled the situation without ending up as the 'loser'.

But what if I am not the loser?

Not everyone can be the winner. There has to be losers.

Though maybe 'losers' is not the word I should use. Maybe 'learners' is a much more positive word.

Even if a situation does not go your way, or you lose out on an opportunity, or you make mistakes - know that you are not a loser, you are simply a learner.

Everything can be learnt from. There is no point regretting. Keep learning and learning. Just call it a learning curve. Each lesson learnt will make you stronger in character - obviously if you learn from the mistake in the first place.

Take it all into your stride.

From now on I need to stop regretting, and get learning. It may make a massive difference.

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

Let's all be better than the 'losers' that truly lose, and instead be 'losers' that learn.

-----()-----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated so very very much!